Information about us and how to contact us
We are a charity registered in England under charity number 1110380 and have our registered address at Hanover House, 14 Hanover Square, London, W1S 1HP. You can find out more about us on our site.
Split Infinitive Trust
PO Box 409
What information do we collect?
When you correspond with us via letter, email or otherwise, we may collect certain information that you provide to us in doing so. This may include your name, email address, phone number and a record of the correspondence.
When you complete an application for a Grant, we will collect any information that you submit to us in connection with your application, including:
○ information to enable us to review the merits of your application, such as your CV, details about what you have written before, details of what you are currently writing and any other information about yourself relevant to your application; and
○ information to enable us to administer Grants of successful applicants, including nationality, tax residence, national insurance number or other tax identification number, date of birth and bank account details.
How we use the information that you provide to us
We will use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
○ to review your Grant application and ultimately determine Grants recipients;
○ to provide support in relation to your Grant application;
○ to pay and administer Grants in compliance with the law;
○ to correspond with you about the progress of your application to Split Infinitive Trust;
○ to deal with enquiries or complaints relating to the use of our site;
○ to notify you about changes to the administration of Grants;
○ to ensure that our site is presented in the most effective manner;
○ to administer, develop and improve our site for example so as to improve your browsing and viewing experience; and
○ for security purposes.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any person or third party to whom disclosure is necessary:
○ to enable us to review your Grant application;
○ to successfully administer your Grant;
○ to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our trustees and beneficiaries;
○ or required by law (including without limitation to any court, regulator or other relevant authority such as HM Revenue and Customs).
How we protect your information
All information that we hold about you will be collected and processed by us or by data processors appointed by us to undertake processing on our behalf. Your personal data will be stored on servers located within the United Kingdom and controlled by us.
We have put in place appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect against any unauthorised access to or any unlawful processing of any personal information about you that we hold. However, you acknowledge that data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure and that we cannot guarantee the security of any data sent over the internet.
We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law otherwise permits.
You are entitled to know what personal data we hold about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. In certain limited circumstances you may also be entitled to request that we delete certain information that we hold about you.
If you have any questions about the personal information that we hold about you or would like to make any requests in relation to it, please contact us using the contact information provided in paragraph 1 above.
Split Infinitive Trust.
A company limited by guarantee. Registered in England No: 5392995.
Registered Office: Hanover House, 14 Hanover Square, London W1S 1HP.
Registered Charity No: 1110380